November marks the start of winter with short days, long dark nights and the heating firmly switched to “on”. It also kicks off the holiday season. “Happy holidays” is a phrase you can use in the winter season, from late November to early January, to wish our neighbors and friends all the best for the many holiday occasions that occur during that time, such as Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas, Hanukkah, the Winter Solstice, and the New Year. With this in mind, on behalf of the City Council and myself, we invite you and yours to the upcoming, Christmas Light/Holiday Parade, on Saturday, December 7, 2019. The parade is scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m. (sundown) at Morley Avenue & Grand Avenue. This year’s theme is “We Need a Little Christmas.” If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact Mayra Valencia at 520.287.6548. The deadline to participate is on Wednesday, December 4, 2019. I hope to see you and your entire family at the Annual Light Parade!
Again, thank you for allowing me to serve as your mayor. My commitment is and continues to be one of transparency and accountability. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve you.
Events and Happenings at City Hall
- Everyone is invited to the Annual Christmas Light/Holiday Parade on Saturday, December 7, 2019. If you are interested in participating in the parade, please contact Mayra Valencia at 520.287.6548 or the Mayor’s office at 520.287.6571. In order to participate, you MUST register by filling out a parade entry form. Completed entry forms must be returned no later than 12 pm., Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
- Attended the Domestic Abuse Vigil on October 7, 2019. Thank you to all the organizers of this very important event.
- Attended the Inaugural Arizona Film Expo on October 15 in Tucson. It was an honor to present awards to film pioneers and interact with mayors and managers, economic developers and visit with professionals across the board to talk about business and tourism.
- The Nogales Night Out was a great success thanks to all the Public Safety Officials and Staff. The evening was filled with public safety awareness, crime and fire prevention information. A big thank you to Circles of Peace for the feature film presentation and bike helmets. Without the generous donations from all the different entities, this event would not be possible.
- Attended the POW/MIA Event at the Jesus Cordova Park at City Hall. A big thank you & salute to all the veterans who have served our county and MIA.
- There are many street & sidewalk improvements that are presently being worked on to safeguard our citizens and visitors. Our goal continues to improve our services and customer service. If you have any concerns or questions about a specific street and/or project, please do not hesitate to give our office a call at 520.287.6571.