Mr. October, we have determined that you slowly but surely transition us to cooler Nogales weather with shorter days and longer evenings which is a plus. And let’s not forget the beautiful and amazing Autumnal colors; gold, yellows, and splashing reds through the twirled branches of the shade trees.
City Hall has been a busy one full of activities from improving our streets to planning various activities for our community to participate throughout the month of October.
Events and Happenings at City Hall
- On August 22, I presented at the League of Cities & Towns Conference the Nogales Wastewater Fairness Act. The League of Cities & Towns unanimously passed a Resolution supporting federal legislation enacting the Nogales Wastewater Fairness Act that will apportion the costs for the operation and maintenance of the Nogales International Wastewater Treatment Plant and the International Outfall Interceptor.
- September 911 celebration took place at San Felipe de Jesus Roman Catholic Parish. The Nogales Fire Department and Multi-Agency color guard presented us with the rising of the flag. WE Honor the FALLEN AND FAMILIES OF 911.
- The Fiestas Patrias was a success thanks to the community for coming out to support the festivities. It was an honor to celebrated this Patriotic National Holiday with our neighbor, Mexico!
- The National Health Center Week at Mariposa Clinic was a success thanks to the employees and doctors who work so hard to serve Santa Cruz County community! The theme, “Celebration Rooted in Communities” is so accurate; serving the needs of all our surrounding communities!
- There are many upcoming community activities:
- Annual Christmas Light Parade: December 7, 2019
- Nogales Night Out: Wednesday, September 25 from 4-8 at Teyechea Park.
- Mexican Baseball Fiesta: The Mexican League will host two games scheduled for; September 26 @ 7:30 PM and October 1 @ 7:30 PM at Memorial Stadium. Please join us!
- Street Improvements projects:
- Sidewalk repairs: Valle Verde Subdivision
- Pavement replacement phases are the following: Diaz Lane, Bitache Drive and Mi Casa Drive
- Pavement replacement on West Street/Walnut Street
- Construction activities on Paseo Verde/Valle Verde Drive